Your health and safety should be your top priority when choosing any medical treatment. Unfortunately, the state of Michigan has no specific requirements for education, safety training or certification of healthcare professionals administering injectable filler.
This means that you need to do your homework before booking any filler treatment. Here are some ways our team stands out to ensure our patients get great results.
- A full understanding of head and neck anatomy for safety purposes. Our Physician Assistant Alyssa and Dr. West both have a background in ENT/Head and Neck, which allows them to have a more in-depth understanding of facial anatomy in comparison to other aesthetic injectors. This is critically important to make sure the filler is injected both safely and in a way that looks good.
- An artistic eye and attention to detail. There are great surgeons, physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses throughout Michigan. But only a small percentage of healthcare providers truly have the artistic eye required to be an excellent aesthetic injector, and the patience needed to achieve natural harmonious results. We have performed hundreds of injections with fantastic results.
- Experience in the intricacies of injectables. A high degree of hand-eye coordination is required to be an aesthetic injector. Dr. West and Alyssa both have a background in surgery, which has allowed them to develop highly advanced fine motor skills required to safely and precisely inject filler. Dr. West is a Double Board Certified in both Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Surgery, and Alyssa has years of experience as a surgical “first assist,” assisting hands-on in the OR.
- Advanced training. Both Alyssa and Dr. West have completed advanced level injectable training courses. Dr. West now assists in training other injectors. Additionally, Alyssa has had close, one-on-one mentorship with Dr. West to take her skills to the next level. Most other non-physician injectors have only had “weekend courses” in injectables.
- A personal relationship. Med spas with high staff turnover may offer more affordable prices from time to time, but without a personal connection, your dermal filler results can suffer. Here at the Michigan Center for Cosmetic Services, we can offer a high level of consistency to our patients who have multiple treatments. We rely on consultations and treatment notes to place filler in a way that achieves what our patients want, keeping in mind the essentials of head and neck anatomy.
Trust your face only to professionals that fully embody these important characteristics. Take advantage of a complimentary consultation to discuss your facial rejuvenation goals with us!